• "Because of you I try harder, forgive sooner, give further, live simpler, thank easier, hope longer, love deeper and laugh louder"

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Welcome 2011

2010 was such a CRAZY year. It was probably the most eventful year that I've had since Addi was born! It started out with my baby girl turning THREE. She is growing up so fast and learning more and more everyday. She had a big princess birthday party with all her friends in Claremont, right before we moved to Corona.
In January 2010, Addi and I moved out of my parents house, to our first home together in Corona. I started my full time job at Kieckhafer, Schiffer and Company as a Tax Accountant and Addi started preschool at Tutor Time in Irvine.
We've had a lot of fun in our apartment in Corona.
One of my best friends, Renee, got a job at KS&Co with me! It's been great to work with a close friend, and not to mention she's smart and makes my life easier! We've had a lot of good times this year, including the night she met her fiance, Gavin.
My baby sister, Katie, got married this year too! In June, she married her boyfriend of over 3 years, in the Newport Beach Temple. (How they stayed Temple worthy for 3 years is beyond me! LOL!) It was a beautiful wedding and a whole lot of fun. They had already adopted TWO Puppies that they call their kids and we see them as much as they can! I'm sure they are going to have a great year....more news to come!
Addi was the most beautiful flower girl in the world, and I'm pretty sure she gets it from me! HA HA HA! JK!
My oldest sister, Shelly, came out to visit this summer with her family. It was so much fun. Addi loves her cousins so much and I wish they lived closer, or I had more money to go visit them!
One of the biggest things that happened this year, was Quinn and I resolving our differences. It's taken nearly 7 years for him and I to see eye to eye. I'm very thankful to have him as my daughter's father. I know we've had our fair share of problems and drama, and I'm sure we'll have issues in the future, but I'm so glad that we were able to put the past in the past and move forward.
Addi got to see lots of friends this year too! My friend Alyssa came to visit with her boys, and Tara came down too! (Sorry Tara, I tried to add the pic of Addi with Marek, but my computer wouldn't load it!) I miss my girls from Utah SO MUCH. I wish that we all lived on the same street and our kids could all grow up together. Time definitely changes things, but there is nothing like girlfriends. No matter how long it's been since you've last seen each other, somehow it always just picks up right where it left off. I'm so thankful for all my girls. I wouldn't make it through this life without them.
This year Addi and I were lucky enough to meet some AMAZING new friends. One of the directors and the kindergarten teacher at Addi's school are single moms of beautiful, sweet and funny little girls. We get together at least once a week and the girls play while the mommy's chat! It's so much fun and it's been great to have friends that are going through the same things that I am. I love them so much and truely feel blessed that they are in my life. Best part: we all have disneyland season passes!

This year definitely brought it's fair share of challenges and accomplishments, tears and triumphs, failures and successes. I have so many things left to accomplish in life and I can't wait for this year to be a great one!
So Happy New Year Everyone! I'm posting my New Years Resolutions so that I actually have to stick to them since they are public information.
Resolutions:
  1. Pay off half of my credit card debt
  2. Pass two parts of the CPA exam
  3. Take Addi to Monterey
  4. Lose 10 pounds a month
  5. Spend atleast one night a week doing something absolutely fun with Addi, with no distractions.
  6. Scrapbook more. Atleast finish through year two of Addi's life.
  7. Smile more.... I'd like to not be such a witch, with a B, this year!
I think 7 resolutions is PLENTY! Hopefully I can keep every single one! (Maybe not so much #7, HA HA HA!)

With that, I'm definitely excited to say goodbye to 2010. I can't wait for this year to bring GREAT THING to me and Addi. I love you all and I hope 2011 is the best year of your life :)

2 comments:

Gorski Family said...

Bree, It sounds like you have some realizitic goals for the new year! I wish u luck in the achivement of them and I will support u however I can! I love you guys! Happy New Years!

Natalie said...

Haha I like #7!! I love you guys! Addi is adorable! And she totally gets her looks from her mama! We totally have to come visit in 2011! We will see where we end up- Maybe closer maybe not! Keep in touch!