• "Because of you I try harder, forgive sooner, give further, live simpler, thank easier, hope longer, love deeper and laugh louder"

Monday, November 22, 2010

Preparations for Christmas!

Addi is so excited for Christmas this year! She is learning the songs, and reading stories and constantly telling me what I need to tell Santa! I decided to make the most of the season and get an Advent Calendar. Everyday in December we are going to do something special to celebrate Christmas..... decorating our tree, going to see Santa, going to Disneyland, watching holiday movies and reading Holiday books and also a Charity project! I want Addi to completely enjoy this season, as well as learn the true meaning of Christmas.

Today, I had Addi go through all her toys to "make room for new ones from Santa". I told her she needs to give her toys she doesn't play with to girls and boys that don't have any toys. I really thought that she'd fight me on giving away anything or maybe only pick one or two things! I was so suprised to fill two garbage bags, plus a container full of great toys for other children! My daughter is such a sweetheart and I hope she keeps that quality throughout her entire life!


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yay! I love all the updates! What a great idea! I can't believe how big she is either!!! Crazy how fast they grow! We have a trip to cali planned next summer but wish it was sooner! Let us know if you come to UT!